Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A little bit of motorsport research

I'm not sure if anyone still hangs round here (shame, but I guess that is life...) but anyway, if anyone is here...

I'm doing a bit of research at the moment for a small project (non-commercial, for academic purposes) and I am looking at how people like to follow motorsport events.

I am particularly looking to know if you like to follow live blogs/tweets/discussions while watching TV or at the event itself; or follow the blogs/tweets/discussions if you can't be at the event or watch it on TV.

Is there anything you'd like to see changed about how you can keep updated on motorsport events?

Any information you can provide on this (or anything related to this) would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Sam

3 comments:

  1. Most of the motorsport events I watch are not live, so a second screen with live info or tweets is to be avoided at all costs! However, I do watch Formula 1 live with a data screen and my Twitter feed open.

    Out in the real world, I don’t use technology to follow an event live due primarily to the shocking battery life that most smart phones have.

    Probably not that revealing for you, but hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At a live event having an app or live feed that could keep me updated would be good. I was lost this year at the ALMS race at Road America. The position lights on the cars were not working. The position boards are far apart and I don't think those worked.

    At home - almost nothing is live.

    ReplyDelete